Six things I did to get one million organic impressions on X in just over a month
How I’m generating engagement and growth on the social media platform formerly known as Twitter without paid ads
I generated one million impressions in the 39 days after switching to Premium and refocusing on X (You can follow me on X here).
I still have work to do, but that’s not a bad start toward revenue sharing.
Below I’ve outlined the six tactics I’ve been focused on, which should be easy for anyone to implement if they just set aside the time throughout each day. I’ve found it helps to be active first thing in the morning and then again at night, with check-ins throughout the day as time allows.
Here’s what I’ve been doing:
- Posting anywhere from three to five new tweets everyday.
- Retweeting most of my tweets about five hours, five or take, after I originally post them. That’s right, I’m talking about hitting the retweet button your own posts.
- Replying or Liking when people reply to my posts. I’m on here to engage with people.
- THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE: I’ve been replying to other people’s posts, mostly around the topic of marketing or things that look interesting that I see in the For You tab. I spend a lot of time in the For You tab. I reply to other people’s posts more than I post myself.
- With my own posts, I stick almost completely to marketing and mix a little bit of personal stuff in. I try to be downright hilarious as often as possible.
- I am being myself. I’ve stopped thinking about what other people think about something I post. I try not to overthink things. Once I’m good with the post, I send it out to the world.
Thanks to those who have been following me and engaging with me. I’m happy with the growth I’ve seen and I’m not planning on stopping anytime soon. I’m going to grind it out until I’m monetized if I have to.
Once a week, I’m giving you ideas for when budgets are tight — get the No Budget Marketing newsletter. nobudget.beehiiv.com/subscribe